Social Networking for Small Businesses
The current importance of Social Networking for small businesses cannot be emphasised enough. According to a 2011 report published by Nielson, Americans spend nearly a quarter of their online time on social networks and blogs. However, Britons are slightly less digitally obsessed, spending 1 hour and 20 minutes each day managing an average of four social networks, according to the latest quarterly report from GWI.
This means that the probability is, much of your target market is already Tweeting. If you want to reach potential clients, you need to be there – using social media and you will increase the odds that your message will get through some of them.
Do you need Twitter, Facebook, Google + to help reach your clients? Give Us a call and we will get your Website Socially Networked!!! Call 01334 8711101 Today!
Your Small Business Website
When you start your small business website, you will need to think about connecting with a wider audience. You can initially do this by creating your own Google Webmasters Tools account, register your site, get Google to crawl the pages and wait a while .... a good while in some cases.
Using Social Media may give you a leg up to get you going. You will need to know the basics about the best ways to achieve this.
There are basic steps that should be followed, but you can use Freetime Webgroup to assist you with this.
Popular Social Media Networks
Social Media - Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pintrest to name a few!
Marketing using social media does not have to be expensive, but it can be time consuming. The traditional marketing methods, such as Google Adwords can be effective, but can be expensive too ... So using social media can offer an affordable method to reach your customer base. So when we start to use the social networks to promote out business, it is necessary to ensure we have a strategy.
- Start by deciding the client base we are trying to attract.
- Consider what we are going to say to hook them in ... What is your message? What will attract your potential client base? Prepare at least 3 tag lines for your campaign.
- Now you have identified your audience and your marketing message ... you now need to see what medium they prefer. But don't worry too much, your social media networks should all work together to make life a little easier for you.
Co-ordinate your Social Media
- All your social media should have a link back to your main website.
- You can optimize your website and blog for social media by adding widgets that link to your social media pages.
- Include a call to action on all your posts ... such as Like Us ... Follow Us etc on your Facebook and Twitter pages.
- If you can, have live feeds on your pages ... as shown below ... a live twitter feed.
- When people see something that they like, they will readily share.
- There are many other things that you can have, such as Newsletters, but be aware ... there is only so much time in a day.
Start at a pace you are comfortable with
- It's time to be social, but don't spend too much time ... about half an hour a day is enough to start with.
- Do your social media as part of your daily plan.
- As you get more comfortable with your social media ... add a couple of extra minutes a day.
Watch and Learn
- Social media is 24/7 ... keep track of what is happening.
- Keeping track is a good way to check what people are saying about you and your company.
- Always respond to messages or comments.
Do it daily
- Plan your day ... comment, link, repeat around 3 times a day.
- Use Pinterest, LinkedIn and Instagram ... as well as Twitter, Facebook and Google +
- Make a daily plan and stick to it. It may seem hard to begin with, but you will benefit.
Paid Social Advertising
- Paying for social advertising is an option.
- Explore paid solutions before you enter in ...
- LinkedIn offers marketing options too.
- Always analyse your social media efforts.
- Your tactics many not be working on one network, but working fine on another. This way you can identify which is worth paying for.
- Google Analytics is the single most popular way of seeing which of your efforts is working ... which social network platform is bringing the most visitors.
- Review you efforts and adjust accordingly. Keep doing this.
Help is at hand
As part of your new website build, or even your current website ... Freetime Webgroup can give you a steer to get your Social Networking up and running. We are happy to create Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Pintrest pages for your business.
YouTube is the most popular network by 8% over Facebook, with 81% of all internet users saying they have visited the website in the last month, compared to 73% who visit Facebook.
Click here to see the Wikipedia list of Social Networks.