The Importance of Social Networking for Small Businesses
The current importance of Social Networking for small businesses cannot be emphasised enough. According to a 2011 report published by Nielson, Americans spend nearly a quarter of their online time on social networks and blogs. However, Britons are slightly less digitally obsessed, spending 1 hour and 20 minutes each day managing an average of four social networks, according to the latest quarterly report from GWI
This means that the probability is, much of your target market is already Tweeting. If you want to reach potential clients, you need to be there – using social media and you will increase the odds that your message will get through some of them.
Do you need Twitter, Facebook, Google + to help reach your clients? Give Us a call and we will get your Website Socially Networked!!!
Your Small Business Website
When you start your small business website, you will need to think about connecting with a wider audience. You can initially do this by creating your own Google Webmasters Tools account, register your site, get Google to crawl the pages and wait a while …. a good while in some cases.
Using Social Media may give you a leg up to get you going. You will need to know the basics about the best ways to achieve this.
There are basic steps that should be followed, but you can use Freetime Webgroup to assist you with this.
Social Networking – Watch and Learn
- Social media is 24/7 … keep track of what is happening.
- Keeping track is a good way to check what people are saying about you and your company.
- Always respond to messages or comments.
Do it daily
- Plan your day … comment, link, repeat arond 3 times a day.
- Use Pinterest, LinkedIn and Instagram … as well as Twitter, Facebook and Google +
- Make a daily plan and stick to it. It may seem hard to begin with, but you will benefit.
Paid Social Advertising
- Paying for social advertising is an option.
- Explore paid solutions before you enter in …
- LinkedIn offers marketing options too.
- Always analyse your social media efforts.
- Your tactics many not be working on one network, but working fine on another. This way you can identify which is worth paying for.
- Google Analytics is the single most popular way of seeing which of your efforts is working … which social network platofrm is bringing the most visitors.
- Review you efforts and adjust accordingly. Keep doing this.
Help is at hand
As part of your new website build, or even your current website … Freetime Webgroup can give you a steer to get your Social Networking up and running. We are happy to create Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Pintrest pages for your business.
YouTube is the most popular network by 8% over Facebook, with 81% of all internet users saying they have visited the website in the last month, compared to 73% who visit Facebook.